Verifying your identity through a biometric device is the easiest aspect of e-governance initiatives like rent agreement registration in Maharashtra.
For those new to the rent agreement registration process, a unique aspect is the introduction of the remote biometric device to verify the identities of all the parties involved. Anulom works with the Maharashtra Sub-Registrar’s Offices to bring biometric verification services to your doorstep, but it helps to be a smart customer and understand the processes and motivation behind this distinctive e-governance initiative.
What is biometric scanning?
A biometric scanning device is a marvel of technology in the digital age. It is, simply put, a thumb scanner that registers your fingerprint and send the data to a specified server. Used in government processes that require you to register and verify your identity, biometric machines help you create a safe, legal and unique presence in the country’s administrative system. In India, it is often used to help applicants secure their identities in any government document registration process.
How does it help?
The move towards e-governance initiatives was undertaken by the Government of India a long time ago – in the 1990s. Since then, successive governments have been pushing forward with a vision to transform India into a digitally-empowered society and a knowledge economy. It isn’t easy to meet the aspirations of 1.2 billion citizens, and each state government now must leverage technology more holistically to ensure their services reach the doorstep of every citizen.
The Government of Maharashtra has embraced web services in its initiatives to streamline efforts done by the Stamp and Registration department. Under the i-Saritha project, the Maharashtra government uses improvised digital communication technology as a web-based solution. Biometric devices fit into this initiative seamlessly by bridging the gap between the technology haves and have-nots. Anulom uses biometric scanning devices that are connected to the government’s dedicated state-of-the-art servers – the traffic is handled well, and e-governance becomes smooth sailing.
Why is biometric scanning necessary?
Deploying biometric scanning devices to the citizen’s doorstep is a smart move by the government, and it makes them more efficient too. With centralized and synchronized back-office operations and an online front end, the Sub-Registrar’s Office can process more registrations than ever before. This is all for the customer’s convenience, as less time is taken up in bureaucratic processes. In a country that we previously plagued by corruption and the harassment by middlemen, having a simple yet effective system to verify identity helps the aam aadmi – there is no more exploitation of citizens. Moreover, the biometric scanning devices are connected to fast and sturdy servers that help make the registration process quick and robust.
Benefits of biometric verification
- Availing a doorstep service like Anulom’s to verify your identity through a biometric scan is the right choice in a country like India, where the population is high. One need no longer worry about spending the day in long lines at a tiny, sweltering hot government office.
- It also eliminates the need for a variety of identification documents. Scan your thumb print and submit a copy of your Aadhaar card for swift processing.
- Biometric scanning ensures your registration is carried out in a perfectly legal way by confirming that your identity is genuine. This goes a long way in preventing cases of fraud and forgery, ultimately helping the government serve its citizens better.
- It keeps the process flowing smoothly without lags, as each device is connected to the Stamp and Registration department’s 9 exclusive super fast servers. This web connectivity ensures your data can be accessed by the Sub Registrar’s Office quickly for registration – typically it only takes 3-4 days to register a rent agreement. After that, your data is erased from the servers to protect your identity.
How does Anulom do it
Anulom is an exclusive government-approved doorstep service provider that works passionately towards making the government’s e-initiatives accessible to everyone. Through Anulom, you can go through the complete process of getting the registration of your rental agreement done online. Here’s how it works:
- Log in to Anulom.com and enter all the details of your property – names of owners, tenants, property type, rent and deposit amounts and period of tenancy.
- View an automatic draft generated on the site and give your approval.
- Pre-book an appointment for biometric verification at the property address, or your home address. You can also book separate appointments if the owner and tenant are unable to be present at the same place for the appointment.
You can also avail our Distance Registration Service if the owner of the property lives abroad.
- Our executive will arrive at the address specified with a biometric device and a laptop to conduct the verification. If your fingerprints match the set you registered for your Aadhaar card, you’re set!
- All this data is submitted wirelessly to the Sub-Registrar’s Office, which will register your rent agreement within 3-4 days.
It is simple, easy and accurate – biometric scanning has proven to be the solution to painful bureaucratic hurdles like red-tape and corruption. The government has itself put this approach out in favour of its citizens; wouldn’t you want to take advantage? Visit Anulom.com or call +91 9595380945 to be a part of the digital movement.